How to Draw Simple Things: Step by Step Drawing a Celtic Knot is an exciting article. Hello and welcome to my new article: How to Draw a Celtic Knot step by step.
How to Draw Simple Things
Step by Step Drawing a Celtic Knot
- The first step is to draw a line of four dots,
- Then repeat this three more times, so that you get a dot square made of nine 3×3 squares. You could use lined paper or grid paper for this or just draw it by eye.
- The next step is to draw a bigger dot in the middle of each of these nine dot squares. If they are bigger than the first dots, they’re easier to see, as center dots.
- The next step is to join each of the four dots from the center square, the smaller dots, to the bigger dot that is diagonal to it. Try to draw each of these four lines with the hook as it goes around the bigger dot in the corners.
- Next from each big center dot between the hooks of your first four lines you draw a continuous line that joins three more dots in a row, as it goes around the corners of the main square of your design.
- Next from one of these big dots in the corner you draw a line that joins two more dots.
- Then you continue this three more times, so you get a sort of square circle that looks like it goes under the four diagonal shape so we drew earlier next you can make a checkered or woven pattern of four squares in the center of your Celtic Knot.
And now we should have a simple four-by-four Celtic Knot. Finally you could use a pencil to shade in your design in a graded tone. Starting with the dark tone next to a line. Then becoming fainter as it goes into the middle of the shape. And then again gradually darker until it reaches the next line this could give some illusion of depth to your Celtic Knot.
Also Read: How to Draw a Rose with Pencil
Pictures of How to Draw Simple Celtic Knot
Thanks for reading my article about How to Draw Simple Things: Step by Step Drawing a Celtic Knot.
Video about How to Draw Simple Celtic Knot
As found on Youtube